In our business, we process personal information in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. This policy may change from time to time so you should check it frequently. Your Privacy is our top priority, so please read this information carefully!
GDPR and other privacy regulations empower users to have a control over your data. There are a number of benefits, like user experience and advertising quality benefits, which come from data processing in the advertising business that benefit you directly. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible about what data we process and why.
What does ClickAttack process about you?
Information that you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but that could limit your ability to take full advantage of some of our features or Services. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing and improving our services, and communicating with you.
- posting a message in our contact form
- sending a message to our support team
- subscribing to our newsletter
Information that we collect automatically: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses content-insight.com, when you use the Services, or when you view advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Content Insight.com on other Web sites.
The data we process is guided by the minimization principle of collection and processing. In other words, we only collect and process the data that is necessary to measure your access to the advertising network. When accessing our services, we automatically collect the amount of data for understanding the process of using our services and adjusting your experience of receiving ads that have more personalized content for this process. Our partners (website owners/publishers) inform you about this process. For example, your access to our services can automatically enable us to collect:
- your IP address
- (mobile) device type
- type of web browser and type of computer
With this type of data that we use, it is not possible to discover your personal identity, and accordingly, our solution to a risk assessment study conducted under the data protection risk is a low risk solution.
ClickAttack has assessed that it has legitimate interest in the collection of this information pursuant to 6(1)(f) of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In our assessment, we believe that all data processing currently engaged upon via the ClickAttack Network falls under the “legitimate interest” legal basis. A summary of our rationale is as follows:
- Pre-internet, digital publishers were able to monetize their audience subscription lists for direct marketing purposes utilizing legitimate interest, and advertisers were able to use that data for direct marketing purposes on the same basis. Data subjects typically had to pay subscription fees to access content.
- In the digital age, publishers still need to monetize their audiences in order to continue to provide free content and Advertisers continue to need to reach their desired audiences. Data subjects have become increasingly reluctant to pay cash for digital content from Web sites and mobile apps.
- sites for digital advertising. Moreover, transparency tools which explain the data collection practices of companies such as ClickAttack are increasingly ubiquitous.
- ClickAttack adopts reasonable controls and mechanisms to ensure that the collected and processed data is secured and won’t fall into the hands of an entity that might be in position to harm the human rights of data subjects.
- Accordingly, ClickAttack feels confident that the processing activities engaged upon via the ClickAttack Network fall under the legal basis of legitimate interest.
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
A “cookie” is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies.
Other cookies we are using, known as “Advertising cookies” enable us to track if you’ve watched or interacted with an ad, and target the interests of users to enhance the experience on our Website and the Client’s websites. Those cookies are helping us to serve ads that are relevant to you, and to provide us a mechanism that prevents us from serving the same ad several times. Also, “Advertising cookies” are intended to improve user experience in ad tracking and ensure transparency to advertising clients.
Most importantly, no other company has access to our cookies.
Controlling the use of data
If you do not wish to receive such cookies, you usually may configure your web browser to not accept cookies or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you. You are free to decline/control/delete cookies if your wish – for details please see: AllAboutCookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit and you may not be able to use all the features and functionalities of our website and our services that are placed on our customer’s websites.
|Purpose||Registers an anonymised unique ID that identifies the device during return visits across websites that use the same ad network. The ID is used to allow targeted ads.||Registers a campaignIDs that have been served to the end user. This cookie is used to allow retargeted ads.|
|Type||HTTP Cookie||HTTP Cookie|
|Period||12 months||18 months|